WHICH LEASH FOR WHICH DOG?
- Even if your mastiff seems wise, it must remain attached to its leash when it is a walk in a public place. Without this tool, your dog may cause you quite a bit of trouble during the outing. With the right harness, the right size and a little control, you will avoid many inconveniences.
- There are countless types of leashes on sale stores. In order to refine your searches, here is our list of the best products. The structure differs from one model to another: in leather as in nylon, everything is there. The advantage of leather harnesses is that they resist well the attacks of a medium-sized breed. However, they lack flexibility compared to others.
- The thinner nylon ties, on the other hand, are easy to handle and wrap around the palm. Except that they can twist your hand in the event of accentuated traction. That said, these versions are ideal for small puppies such as the Miniature Spitz, Beagle, and Havanese.
- As for the metal harnesses, they are extremely compact. They target in particular the strongest like bulldogs, dalmatians, or Dobermans. But the trouble with steel hooks is the noise they make and their weights. Unless you’re sturdy, it’s best to get away from it.
The right length
- The length is a significant criterion when choosing your leash. The more imposing the latter, the more difficult it becomes to handle since the animal will have the right to woo the entire surrounding perimeter at a circumference equivalent to the length of the cable.
- A leash that is less than 50 cm long makes it easier to keep the dog. However, if the tie is short, the beast will have less freedom to sniff everywhere. So, in the company of a large dog, a hyper short harness would be more suitable. You will then be able to keep it close to you.
- For medium-sized dogs, your model should be about 1.20m tall. While with the little furry, you are free to use versions of more than 5 m unless the latter do as they please.
- Even with the right leash at the correct size, the dog can still bother you at any time. For example, when meeting other people during the walk, it happens that yours barks or starts running.
- In this case, you need in addition to the leash absolute authority towards the dog.
- Get your dog respected with your finger and the eye. That is to say, from a simple draw or a simple whistle, the latter will have to react immediately. Otherwise, you will give in to all its whims which will seem incessant in the long run. To avoid reaching this stage, your links will have to improve day by day. And for this, the technique of treats works every time, that is to say rewarding his dog as soon as he obeys a specific order.
- With the exception of a lasso leash, tying your dog with a standard copy amounts to slaughtering it gradually. This is why the string must always be attached to a collar or harness. The first promises a great look to your canine while the second is a little more bulky, but very comfortable. In any case, it is advisable to choose the size which is appropriate for his best friend on all fours.
- The collar should not be too tight at the risk of strangling the hairball at the slightest tension of the leash. A deviation of a few millimeters from his neck is necessary. On the other hand, when it comes to donning the harness, the latter must perfectly fit the shape of your mastiff. If your comfort depends on this accessory, that of the dog is largely assured by a good collar.
- In addition to the equipment, a few tips come into play when it comes to hanging out with your dog. The first is to understand it. Be gentle with your canine, stop when he gets annoyed when going to the toilet. Make sure that he appreciates the leash and those special moments spent with you. Practice as much as possible in a gentle, non-angry way. Thus, the doggie will become more and more confident about the rope.
- The first time they step outside with their pets, many owners are clumsy about how to hold a leash. In your case, you should always keep your balance, especially when you stop clearly.
- Always have one foot forward as support. If, on the other hand, your feet are on the same line, the dog is likely to shake you. And also, before you move again, check from time to time that the accessory does not get tangled around your legs. One turn is enough to trip you the first time.
- If you find yourself in high traffic areas, do not stray from your dog to say stick it. This will avoid catching passers-by with a leash. Another tip, never hold the leash with your fingertips. You will let go if the dog suddenly pulls on it. Likewise, you can injure yourself if you wrap it around your fingers and not your palm.
- This category is designed to shorten or lengthen, unlike classic models. This type of material allows the automatic winding of the leash. So, if you don’t want to risk getting caught in the cable on the way, this model will be of great use to you. The problem, however, is that most dogs are uncomfortable if they are too often held back by automatic traction. Besides, this model is not too suitable for jogging with puppies. In fact, only dogs used to walking adhere to this draw.
SEE MORE: https://fordogsreviews.com/