Allergies are not only known to us humans, but also our dogs. They react with different symptoms to certain ingredients in the feed. The reason for this is not just cereals that are found in many types of dog food. But also various types of meat.
If you are concerned that your dog is allergic, go to a veterinarian, and do an allergy test. Then you know which foods your dog cannot tolerate.
Dog food which none has been the same for a long time. Dog food makes from fresh meat, dry food, wet-dry food, or canned food is just a few of the variants that are available on the market.
We recommend for your Best Dog Food For Allergies from dry food to wet food. Join us through the below article.
- 1 Causes of Symptoms and Dog Food Allergies
- 2 What are the typical signs of a feed allergy?
- 3 Hypoallergenic dog food is said to avoid allergies
- 4 React correctly to a dog food allergy
- 5 Leading Best Dog Food For Allergies Review
- 5.1 1. Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium
- 5.2 2. Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Real Meat Recipe Dry Dog Food with Wild Caught Salmon
- 5.3 3. Hill’s Science Diet Canned Wet Dog Food, Senior 7+
- 5.4 4. Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food
- 5.5 5. Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food
- 5.6 6. CRAVE Grain Free High Protein Adult Dry Dog Food, Salmon
- 5.7 7. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Adult, Sensitive Stomach & Skin Recipes
- 5.8 8. Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain Free Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
- 5.9 9. AvoDerm Natural Small Breed Dry Dog Food, For Skin & Coat, Chicken & Brown Rice Formula
- 5.10 10. Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free, Natural Dry Dog Food
- 6 How to find out what the dog is allergic to?
- 7 Summary
Causes of Symptoms and Dog Food Allergies
A strategic approach is required to assess the symptoms of dog food allergy. First, think about whether there could be other causes. Have other products been introduced recently? Shampoos and similar care products can also cause allergies due to their chemical composition. Are you the only one who feeds the dog? Otherwise, make arrangements! Sometimes it’s the neighbor who throws incompatible treats over the fence. An overreaction of the immune system then releases antibodies to fight the supposed danger. This can cause inflammation and other defense symptoms.
Inflammation of the ear is shown by the reddening of the external ear canals. The typical sign of a feed allergy can also be caused by parasites. Examine your dog thoroughly for fleas and mites (leave dark secretions). Concomitant symptoms, in this case, are itching and frequent shaking of the head. You can get help from your veterinarian, and over-the-counter medicines are available in pharmacies.
Changes in fur, skin, and hair loss are, apart from spring and autumn (change of fur), clear signs of intolerance. Depending on the breed and the inhabited climate, permanent fur loss can even be normal. However, if your dog loses tufts of hair at certain points, it could be due to inflamed skin ( hot spots ). If this is the case, your four-legged friend belongs to the veterinarian you trust. He can find out whether the cause is possibly due to fertilizer or spray. Therefore, think in advance: have you been traveling a lot on meadows and fields? Could your dog have wallowed in the chemical substances?
What are the typical signs of a feed allergy?
In the case of complaints in the gastrointestinal tract, the staple food need not necessarily be to blame. The cause of fall fruit that is eaten unnoticed is often the cause. In winter, salt licked from the paws can cause a similar reaction, just like drinking from puddles. As soon as you can rule out these possibilities, it’s about what ends up in the bowl at home. Does your dog get food from the table? Too much variety can disturb sensitive digestion. Delete all treats from your four-legged friend’s menu so that only his main food remains (exclusion diet). Get advice from a veterinarian!
The animal is then observed for a few days. If there is an improvement, you can slowly start to feed a certain type of treat (e.g, milk products) again. If your dog shows no symptoms after several days, the cause is somewhere else, and the next treatment can be gradually reintroduced. Did you do everything as described above without getting better? Then you can be pretty sure that the culprit is hidden in the staple food. Dog food allergy can also occur after years of trouble-free feeding. Most of the time, the dogs affected are under one year old.
Hypoallergenic dog food is said to avoid allergies
It has been proven that certain additives in dog food can cause allergies. Protein sources, especially wheat and beef, are particularly suspected. They have been used most frequently in the manufacture of animal feed for a long time. As a result, allergic reactions increasingly occur. Once the trigger has been identified, the veterinarian will attempt a provocation with a small dose (the examination is voluntary). This ensures the correct diagnosis. In the best case, you will even find out which components your dog is allergic to.
Hypoallergenic food contains only a few protein sources and the used ones have to be specified. In this way, the risk of possible intolerance is kept as low as possible. If the gluten protein is to be avoided, potatoes, corn, millet, and rice are a good substitute for carbohydrates.
React correctly to a dog food allergy
If you analyze the individual symptoms of dog food allergy and compare them with your darling, you will already get a good assessment of the situation. If the suspicion is confirmed, the exclusion diet helps. You should always consult the veterinarian! If the diagnosis is clear, the future diet will not be more complex than before (but possibly more expensive). The large selection of hypoallergenic dog food leaves nothing to be desired, a variant is available for almost every intolerance and ensures an allergy-free time!
Leading Best Dog Food For Allergies Review
1. Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium
- This is the number 1 optimal amino acid and protein-rich ingredient for lean powerful.
- High protein ingredients with added vitamins & minerals of fruits and vegetables such as a super product for hard-working antioxidants fatty acids for skin & coat
- It has Ingredients from sources of trusted, sustainable all over the world; made without cereal, corn, wheat, filler; No added flavors, colors, or preservatives
- Highly nutritious and high attractive with special properties characteristic for the species to exist and grow in the digestive tract
- It made in the USA and runs food that is processed with the most technologically advanced food safety protocols.
2. Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Real Meat Recipe Dry Dog Food with Wild Caught Salmon
- This item High-quality protein made with wild Salmon and zero seeds, designed for all stages of life, optimal amino acid profiles for lean, strong muscles.
- With premium ingredients and added vitamins & minerals; superfoods for hard-working antioxidants; fatty acids for skin & coat; essential hypoallergenic ingredients.
- It is rich and high attractive nutrients with property, characteristic species, nature exists and develops in the digestive tract; at a guaranteed level.
- It made in the USA selects ingredients from trusted, sustainable sources worldwide.
- Diamond Naturals has no corn, wheat, or filler; no additional flavors, colors, or preservatives; and made with scientifically advanced food safety protocols.
3. Hill’s Science Diet Canned Wet Dog Food, Senior 7+
- High-quality protein to help your old dog maintain toned muscles
- Made with purposeful, easy-to-digest ingredients Premium Dogs Enjoy
- Support your adult dog’s immunity with clinically proven antioxidants and vitamin c + e
- Use a balanced set of minerals to promote a healthy heart and strong bones in older dogs
- Wet food is made of natural ingredients
- Made in the USA with global components you can count on
- Number 1 veterinarian recommends.
4. Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food
- Contain 1 – 28 pounds of dry dog food.
- A restricted diet can help dogs avoid being sensitive to food.
- Lamb flour is the number one ingredient.
- No corn, wheat, soy, gluten, or other ingredients.
- No poultry meal, artificial flavoring, or artificial preservatives.
5. Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food
- Purina Pro Plan Focus Sensitive Skin & stomach Small breed for adults Dry dog food.
- Bag of 30 Lb
- Salmon is the number 1 ingredient.
- It contains easily digestible oatmeal.
- No corn, wheat or soy. Antioxidants help support immune system health.
- Rich in protein to meet the needs of highly active small dogs.
6. CRAVE Grain Free High Protein Adult Dry Dog Food, Salmon
CRAVE contains one (1) 22 Lb. Free grain bag Free dog food for adults free of protein from salmon and ocean fish – For all sizes of dogs.
- This dog food is made with real salmon: Modern dogs thrive on high-quality Protein from real salmon, Our first ingredient.
- With high protein made with 34% Protein, inspired by the dog’s diet.
- Nut-free with quality carbohydrate sources for energy.
- It made with quality ingredients: No chicken by-products, no corn, wheat, or soy protein, and no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- Protein-rich formula complete with quality nutrients for your dog need.